The Oxford drawing book, or, The art of drawing : and the theory and practice of perspective in a series of letters containing progressive information on sketching, drawing, and colouring landscape scenery, animals, and the human figure with a new method of practical perspective detailed in a novel, easy, and perspicuous style for the use of teachers, or for self-instruction / by Nathaniel Whittock ; teacher of drawing and perspective, and lithographist to the University of Oxford embellished with upwards of one hundred lithographic drawings, from real views, taken expressly for this work.
- Additional Title(s):
Oxford drawing book
Art of drawing
- London : Published by Isaac Taylor Hinton, 4, Warwick Square, 1829.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 159,  p., cv [i.e. 107] leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 x 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC730 .W45 1829b+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates are numbered: I-XXIV, XXIV*, XXV-LVII, LVII*, LVIII-CV.
Archer, J. British domestic architecture, 343.2
Includes index of plates.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half calf and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Technique.Drawing books -- Specimens.Isaac Taylor Hinton -- Publisher.Perspective -- Study and teaching.
- Lithographs -- 1829.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1829.
YCBA Collections Search
Whittock, N. (Nathaniel), 1791-1860, The Oxford drawing book, or, The art of drawing , 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.