The youth's new London self-instructing drawing book : containing a series of progressive lessons with instructions for drawing rural scenery, architecture, the human figure, animals &c. / illustrated with upwards of one hundred engravings by N. Whittock.
- Additional Title(s):
Whittock's drawing book
- London : George Virtue, 1834.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 108 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 15 x 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC650 .W45 1834Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: Bound in decorated leather binding.
BEIN 2005 1670: Imperfect: t.p., table of contents, p. 1-2 wanting; plates 2, 15, 31, 37, 41-42, 44, 54, 74 wanting. Autograph: Sam Dowdall Johnson. Autograph: Woolsey Johnson. From the library of W.J. Linton.
Printed by B. Clay, Bread-Street-Hill, Cheapside.
Spine title: Whittock's drawing book.
- Subject Terms:
- Clay, B. Printer.Drawing -- Study and teaching.Drawing -- Technique.Johnson, Sam Dowdall -- Autograph.Johnson, Woolsey -- Autograph.Linton, W. J. (William James), 1812-1897 -- Ownership.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1834.Virtue, George -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Whittock, N. (Nathaniel), 1791-1860, The youth's new London self-instructing drawing book , 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.