Whittock, N. (Nathaniel), 1791-1860, The youth's new London self-instructing drawing book , 1836
- The youth's new London self-instructing drawing book : containing a series of progressive lessons, with instructions for drawing rural scenery, architecture, the human figure, animals, &c. / illustrated by upward of one hundred engravings by N. Whittock, author of "The decorative painter's guide," illustrations of York, Sussex, Surrey. &c. &c.
- London : Published by G. Virtue, 26, Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row, 1836.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 108 p., 104 leaves of plates : ill. ; 15 x 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC650 .W45 1836+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "R. Clay, printer, 7, Bread-Street-Hill."--T.p. verso.
Frontispiece included in leaves of plates.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 190
Bridson, G. Plant, animal & anatomical illustration, B95
Archer, J. British domestic architecture, 344.3
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Inscribed: John Northernd Nicholls Hamerton. A gift from his Papa, June 19th, 1838. The instructions on the art of drawing in this book are excellent and well adapted for self-instruction. Has cased with it: Youth's new London self-instructing drawing book in colors. London: G. Virtue, .
- Subject Terms:
- Clay, R. -- Printer.Drawing -- Study and teaching.Drawing books -- Specimens.Hamerton, John Northernd Nicholls -- Pres. insc. from his Papa, June 19th, 1838.Landscape drawing -- Study and teaching.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1836.Miniature painting -- Study and teaching.Virtue, G. -- Publisher.
- Drawing books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.