A treatise on silhouette likenesses / by Monsieur Edouart, silhouettist to the French Royal Family, and patronised by His Royal Highness the late Duke of Gloucester, and the principal nobility of England, Scotland, and Ireland.
- London : Longman and Company, Paternoster Row; and J. Bolster, Patrick-Street, Cork ; Sold also by R. Milliken and Son, Dublin; Fraser, Edinburgh, and M'Phun, Glasgow, MDCCCXXXV 
- Physical Description:
- , vi-vii, , 4-122 p., 18 leaves of plates : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC910 .E36 1835Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates of silhouettes against illustrated background drawn by Edouart; lithography by Unklee & Klasen, Lith., 26 Sth. Mall, Cork.
Printed by J. Bolster, Patrick-Street, Cork.
Engraved vignette on t.p.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- and gold-stamped brown morocco. ALS from author to John Smith Barry presenting him with this copy, in French, dated 31 Juillet 1835, tipped onto preliminary endpaper.
- Subject Terms:
- Barry, John Smith -- ALS from Augustin-Amant-Constant-Fidele Edouart, 31 Juillet 1835.Bolster, J. -- Printer.Cut-out craft -- Great Britain.Edouart, Augustin-Amant-Constant-Fidèle, 1789-1861 -- ALS to John Smith Barry, 31 Juillet 1835.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1835.Longman and Company -- Publisher.Portraits -- Great Britain.Silhouettes -- Great Britain.Unklee & Klasen -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Edouart, Augustin-Amant-Constant-Fidèle, 1789-1861, A treatise on silhouette likenesses , MDCCCXXXV 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.