Frank Fairlegh, or, Scenes from the life of a private pupil ... / with thirty illustrations on steel, by George Cruikshank.
- Additional Title(s):
Scenes from the life of a private pupil
- London : A. Hall, Virtue, & Co., 1850.
- Physical Description:
- , xii, , 496 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5453.S2 F73 1850Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by William Mackenzie, 48, London Street, Glasgow.
With an added engraved title page.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 754
BEIN 1978 1158: In 15 parts in original wrappers as issued Jan. 1849-Mar. 1850. For detailed description, see A.M. Cohn's George Cruikshank; a catalogue raisonné, no. 754. This copy lacks advertising matter in pts. 4, 11 and 14, and includes 2, rather than 4, p. of different advertising matter at front of pt. 15.
BEIN 1978 1158: First issue of the first ed.
BEIN 1978 1158: Provenance: This copy has bookplates of Albert Cohn and Shepard Krech.
BEIN 1978 1216: Second (?) issue of the first ed. Cf. A.M. Cohn's George Cruikshank: a catalogue raisonné, no. 754. Title-page of this copy is not dated, but on p. vii is found: "London, Feb., 1850."
BEIN 1978 1216: Provenance: This copy has bookplate of Robert Peel.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-tooled red leather, with gilt edges.
- Subject Terms:
- A. Hall, Virtue, & Co. -- Publisher.Cohn, Albert Mayer -- Bookplate.Krech, Shepard 1891- -- Bookplate.Mackenzie, William -- Printer.Peel, Robert, Sir, 1822-1895 -- Bookplate.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1850.
YCBA Collections Search
Smedley, Frank E. (Frank Edward), 1818-1864, Frank Fairlegh, or, Scenes from the life of a private pupil ... , 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.