Christmas stories : containing John Wildgoose the poacher, The smuggler, and Good-nature, or Parish matters.
- Oxford : Printed by W. Baxter, for J. Parker; and F.C. and J. Rivington, St. Paul's Church yard and Waterloo Place, London, 1823.
- Physical Description:
- , 210 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4099.B47 C47 1823Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- With etchings by George Cruikshank.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 71
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original paper covered boards, with printed title label. Includes added colored copies of the leaves of plates, laid in. Bookplate: Marshall R. and Eleanor W. Anspace. Laid in: M. Simpson McCullough. Christmas greetings for my wife.
- Subject Terms:
- Anspace, Marshall R. and Eleanor W. -- Bookplate.Baxter, W. -- Printer.Christmas stories.Conduct of life -- Juvenile literature.Etching -- Specimens -- 1823.F.C. and J. Rivington -- Publisher.McCullough, M. Simpson -- Pres. insc. to his wife.Parker, J. -- Publisher.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.