Tim Bobbin's Lancashire dialect, and poems / plates by G. Cruikshank ; rendered intelligible to general readers by a literal interpretation, and the obsolete words explained by quotations from the most early of the English authors.
- London : Hurst, Chance, and Co., 1828.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 184 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.L2 B63 1828Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN 1978 1252: Advertising matter (24 p.) bound in at front.
BEIN 1978 1252: Second (?) issue, with price 9 s. on label. Cf.Cohn.
Also published under title: The dialect of South Lancashire; or Tim Bobbin's Tummins and Meary; with his rhymes.
Four etchings are by George Cruikshank. Two etchings are by Robert Cruikshank.
Printed by C. Roworth, Bell Yard, Temple Bar.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 151
BAC: British Art Center copy is second issue. Top edges unopened. Bound in publisher's original green cloth, with printed title label on spine. Price on label is 9/-. Bookplates: William J. Young; Samuel Henry Austen; Reuben Jay Flick. Autograph: Henry Y. Lynes. June 19, 1829.
- Subject Terms:
- Austen, Samuel Henry -- Bookplate.English language -- Dialects -- England -- Lancashire -- Texts.Etching -- Specimens -- 1828.Flick, Reuben Jay -- Bookplate.Hurst, Chance, and Co. -- Publisher.Lynes, Henry J. -- Autograph, June 19, 1829.Roworth, C. -- Printer.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.Young, William J. -- Bookplate.
YCBA Collections Search
Bobbin, Tim, 1708-1786, Tim Bobbin's Lancashire dialect, and poems , 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.