Pardoe, Miss (Julia), 1806-1862, Lady Arabella, or, The adventures of a doll , 
- Lady Arabella, or, The adventures of a doll / by Miss Paroe ; illustrated by George Cruikshank.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Lady Arabella
Adventures of a doll
- London : Kerby and Son, 
- Physical Description:
- 88,  p.,  leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5119.P2 L33 1856Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Colored etchings by Butterworth and Heath; after George Cruikshank.
Printed by T. Richards, 37, Great Queen Street.
Date of publication from Cohn.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 625
Advertising matter:  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's black- and gilt-stamped blue cloth, with gilt edges. Lacks  p. of advertising matter at end. Embossed stamp: Library of Gloria Foxham Scheurer.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Juvenile fiction.Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction.Dolls -- Juvenile fiction.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1856.Girls -- Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction.Kerby & Son -- Publisher.Pride and vanity -- Juvenile fiction.Richards, T. -- Printer.Scheurer, Gloria Foxham -- Provenance.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.