Orlovskiĭ, Aleksandr Osipovich, 1777-1832, Costume of Persia , [1820-1821]
Costume of Persia / drawn from nature by A. Orlowski and on stone b.
- London : Published by R. Ackermann, No. 101, Strand, [1820-1821].
[London] : Printed at C. Hullmandel's Lithographic Establishment, 51 Great Marlborough St
- Physical Description:
-  leaves (3 folded) : illustrations ; 47 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2022 50Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title from illustrated wrappers. Title text intentionally ends "b", with surrounding illustration. Description based on copy at the Yale Center for British Art, with Ackermann's printed label on front wrapper.
Lithographed by C. Hullmandel, D. Dighton, M. Gauci, and Heath, after Orlowski and Swebach; title page text by J. Netherclift.
Plates , , and  printed on double leaves.
Printed on plates: "Published by Rodwell & Martin New Bond St" and dated "1820" or "1821."
BAC Folio A 2022 50: Plates are hand-colored. In later brown marbled boards with red morocco spine gilt.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Iran.Iran -- Pictorial works.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.