Orlovskiĭ, Aleksandr Osipovich, 1777-1832, Russian cries , 
- Russian cries : in correct portraiture from drawings done on the spot by G. Orlowski, and now in the possession of the Rt. Honble. Lord Kinnaird.
- London : Edwd. Orme, 
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 43 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT1040 .G75 1809+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Stipple engravings by by J. Godby; after Orlovskiĭ.
Title page is engraved, with large vignette, by John Swaine.
Plates are captioned in Russian with English translation.
Colas, R. Costume, 2253
Hiler, H. Bibliography of costume, p. 678
Lipperheidesche Kostümbibliothek (2. Aufl.), Kaa26
BAC: British Art Center copy has tipped in (as a fontispiece) a portait of Alexander II (dated 1814) by J. Godby; after Jean Antoine Pinchon.
- Subject Terms:
- Alexander II, Emperor of Russia, 1818-1881 -- Portrait.Costume -- Russia -- Pictorial works.Cries -- Russia.Orme, Edward -- Publisher.Peddlers -- Russia -- Pictorial works.Russia -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1809.
Soft-ground etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1809.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.