IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Seale, Robert F., The geognosy of the island of St. Helena , 1834
The geognosy of the island of St. Helena : illustrated in a series of views, plans and sections, accompanied with explanatory remarks and observations / by Robert F. Seale, Honourable East India Company's Civil Service, &c.
- London : Published by Ackermann and Co., 96, Strand, 1834.
- Physical Description:
- 26 pages, , 10 leaves of plates : illustrations, map : 37 x 54 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2022 37Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Plates printed by Graf & Soret.
"London: Printed by Sedding and Turtle, 30, Arundel Street, Strand."--Foot of page 25.
Last page blank.
Lithographs by M. Gauci.
"List of subscribers"--Page .
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 317
BAC Folio A 2022 37: The Abbey copy. Plates are hand-colored. Bound in contemporary half roan, purple imitation morocco cloth sides, title lettered in gilt on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Geology -- Saint Helena.Saint Helena -- Description and travel.
Subscription lists (Publishing).
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.