Turner, J. M. W. (Joseph Mallord William), 1775-1851, Turner's early sketchbooks, 1972
Turner's early sketchbooks: drawings in England, Wales and Scotland from 1789 to 1802; selected, with notes, by Gerald Wilkinson.
- London, Barrie and Jenkins, 1972.
- Physical Description:
- 5-157 p. chiefly illus. (chiefly col.), facsims. (1 col.), map, ports. (1 col.) 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18 T85 W55 1972 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Col. illus. on lining papers.
"The sketchbooks and drawings ... are preserved in the Department of Prints and Drawings at the British Museum."
Bibliography: p. 156.
- Subject Terms:
- Turner, J. M. W. (Joseph Mallord William), 1775-1851.