Fussell, G. E. (George Edwin), 1889-1990, James Ward R.A. , 1974
James Ward R.A. : animal painter, 1769-1859, and his England / G.E. Fussell.
- London : Michael Joseph, 1974.
- Physical Description:
- 179 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates, leaf of plates : illustrations, portraits ; 23 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18 W21 F87 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Reference LibraryNJ18 W21 F87 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 173-174) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Animals in art.Animals in art.Ward, James (Künstler)Ward, James, 1769-1859.Ward, James, 1769-1859.
- The games at the millennium / Kay Schaffer and Sidonie Smith
- The Olympics in retrospect : winners, losers, racism, and the Olympic ideal / Cynthia Nadalin
- Honor restored : Jim Thorpe's Olympic medals / Trace A. DeMeyer
- Jewish athletes and the "Nazi Olympics" / Allen Guttmann, Heather Kestner, and George Eisen
- Racing with race at the Olympics : from Negro to Black to African American athlete / C. Keith Harrison
- "We showed the world the Nordic way" : skiing, Norwegians, and the winter Olympic games in the 1920s / E. John B. Allen
- Men of the game / Toby Miller
- The girls of summer : social contexts for the "Year of the Woman" at the '96 Olympics / Leslie Heywood
- Women's sports : coming of age in the third millennium / Donna A. Lopiano
- One chromosome too many? / Cheryl L. Cole
- The gay games : creating our own sports culture / Vikki Krane and Jennifer Waldron
- Carrying the torch for whom? Symbolic power and Olympic ceremony / Alan Tomlinson
- Whose ceremony is it anyway? Indigenous and Olympic interests in the festival of the dreaming / Lisa Meekison
- Who's sorry now? Drugs, sports, and the media toward 2000 / Andrea Mitchell and Helen Yeates
- The Olympics of the everyday / Kay Schaffer and Sidonie Smith
- Terrorism, "killing events," and their audience : fear of crime at the 2000 Olympics / John Tulloch
- The Olympic branding of aborigines : the 2000 Olympic games and Australia's indigenous peoples / Darren J. Godwell
- Bidding for the Olympics : site selection and Sydney 2000 / Ian Jobling
- Sports for all? The politics of funding, nationalism, and the quest for gold / Lynn Embrey.