Burke's descriptive guide, or, The visitors' companion to Niagara Falls : its strange and wonderful localities / by an old resident.
- Additional Title(s):
Burke's descriptive guide
Visitors' companion to Niagara Falls
Cover title (tooled in gold): Burke's guide to Niagara Falls
- Buffalo : Andrew Burke, publisher, bookseller, and stationer, Mansion House Block, 
- Physical Description:
- , 106 pages,  folded leaves of plates : illustrations, map ; 16 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF127.N8 B87 1850Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With wood-engraved illustrations within the text and wood-engraved plates, including a map of Niagara Falls.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gold-tooled blue cloth. Armorial bookplate: Dexter A. Hawkins, New York. Autograph: John F. Hawkins.
- Subject Terms:
- Hawkins, Dexter A. -- Bookplate.Hawkins, John F. -- Autograph.Niagara Falls (N.Y. and Ont.) -- Description and travel.Niagara Falls (N.Y. and Ont.) -- Guidebooks.Niagara Falls (N.Y. and Ont.) -- Maps.Ontario -- Description and travel.Québec (Province) -- Description and travel.
Wood engravings -- 1850.
Armorial Bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Burke, Andrew, active 19th century, Burke's descriptive guide, or, The visitors' companion to Niagara Falls , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.