The falls of Niagara, or, Tourist's guide to this wonder of nature : including notices of the whirlpool, islands, &c., and a complete guide thro' the Canadas : embellished with engravings / by S. De Veaux.
- Additional Title(s):
Falls of Niagara
Tourist's guide to this wonder of nature
- Buffalo : William B. Hayden : Press of Thomas & Co., 1839.
- Physical Description:
- viii, , 18-168,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations, maps ; 16 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF127.N8 D48 1839Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Last page blank.
Includes five wood-engraved plates, unsigned, including "Map of Niagara River, &c." as frontispiece.
Includes errata, page 169.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original blind- and gilt-stamped purple cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Niagara Falls (N.Y. and Ont.) -- Description and travel.Niagara Falls (N.Y. and Ont.) -- Guidebooks.Niagara Falls (N.Y. and Ont.) -- Pictorial works.Ontario -- Description and travel.Québec (Province) -- Description and travel.Thomas & Co. -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1839.
- Plates: Map of Niagara River
- Niagara Falls from the American side, near the Ferry Staircase
- Burning of the Steamboat Caroline
- Niagara Falls from Canada near Clifton House
- View of Brock's Monument, Queenston Heights.