Windsor pair : daily seen at the royal table.
- [England] : [s.n]., [183-?]
- Physical Description:
-  sheet : ill. ; 24 x 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 W44 1830z+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- A transformation with a punning title. The scene of William and his consort, Adelaide, is revealed by lifting up part of an illustration of a pear. The word 'pear' at the bottom of the sheet has the 'ea' in the word crossed out and replaced by 'ai'.
Publisher could by Charles Tilt who issued similar transformations, including one showing Victoria and Albert.
Concise encyclopaedia of antiques, p. 209
Gernsheim, Helmut. Victoria R.,. p. 68
- Subject Terms:
- Adelaide, queen consort of William IV, King of Great Britain, 1792-1849 -- Pictorial works.Great Britain -- Kings and rulers -- Pictorial works.William IV, King of Great Britain, 1765-1837 -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- [183-?].
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.