Watson, William, F.A.S, Illustrations of Colonel Watson's history of Wisbech, 1828
Illustrations of Colonel Watson's history of Wisbech.
- Wisbech : Sold by H. and J. Leach, 1828.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.W8 W38 1828+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Comprises the illustrations used in William Watson's Historical account of the ancient town and port of Wisbech (Wisbech : H. & J. Leach, 1827).
Lithographs by E. Maule; printed by Peter Simoneau.
Engravings by Henry Melville and John Walker; after Algernon Peckover, John Grimsby Lenny, and J.H. West.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original printed wrappers. Proofs on india paper.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1828.Leach, H. and J. -- Printer.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1828.Simoneau, Peter -- PrinterWatson, William Historical account of the ancient town and port of Wisbech -- Illustrations.Wisbech (England) -- Pictorial works.
- View from the north brink, Wisbech
- The Crescent, Wisbech
- Wisbech Castle
- [Seals of Wisbech]
- View of Wisbech church
- Roman brick found at Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
- Newton Hall
- Dunton Hall
- Hagbeach Hall
- Emneth Lodge
- Beaupré Hall
- Bridge of suspension
- Wisbech Chapel of Ease
- Map of the old course of the Rivers Ouse & Nene
- Map of the level of the fens called Bedford Level
- Plan of the River Nene and north level, and part of South Holland
- Plan of the proposed bridge and embankment
- Map of the island of Ely.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.