Switzer, Stephen, 1682?-1745, An introduction to a general system of hydrostaticks and hydraulicks, philosophical and practical , 1729
- An introduction to a general system of hydrostaticks and hydraulicks, philosophical and practical : wherein the most reasonable and advantageous methods of raising and conducting water, for the watering noblemens and gentlemens seats, buildings, gardens, &c., are carefully (and in a manner not yet publish'd in any language) laid down ... : illustrated and explain'd by sixty copper cuts, done by the best hands ... : collected from the best of the Italian and French designs (together with some new ones of the author's own invention) ... / by Stephen Switzer ...
- London : Printed for T. Astley, S. Austen, and L. Gilliver, 1729.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. (, xxxii, , 133, , -274, 10 p.; , - 352, 4, -413, ,  p., ,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQC144 S88 1729Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Astley, T. -- Publisher.Austen, S. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1729.Gilliver, Lawton. -- Publisher.Hydraulics -- Early works to 1800.Hydrostatics -- Early works to 1800.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.