IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Jump, R., Views in Calcutta , 1837
Views in Calcutta / by Captain R. Jump, H.C.S.
- London : Published by Parbury & Co. No. 8, Leadenhall Street, 1837.
- Physical Description:
-  p., 6 leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 27 x 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS486.C2 J86 1837+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Text descriptive of plates printed inside front and back covers.
Lithography by P. Gauci; after R. Jump.
Printed by Standidge & Co., London.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 496
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original printed paper wrappers. Ink stamp, on rear cover: The Parker Gallery ... London.
- Subject Terms:
- Calcutta (India) -- Description and travel.Calcutta (India) -- Pictorial works.India -- Description and travel.Parbury & Co. -- Publisher.Standidge & Co. -- Printer.
- LIthography, Colored -- 1837.
- Kidderpore Bridge, Calcutta
- Bahleah Ghaut, Calcutta
- Burra Bazaar, Calcutta
- The Martinière, Calcutta --Roop Chund Roy Street, Calcutta
- Government House, Calcutta.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.