IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Egan, Pierce, 1772-1849, Key to the picture of the fancy going to a fight at Moulsey-Hurst , 1819
Key to the picture of the fancy going to a fight at Moulsey-Hurst : dedicated, by permission, to Mr. Jackson and the Pugilistic Club / designed and etched by I.R. Cruickshank, under the direction of P. Egan.
- London : Published by R. Jones, and sold by all booksellers and printsellers in the United Kingdom, 1819.
[London] : Marchant, printer, Ingram-Court, Fenchurch-Street, 
- Physical Description:
- 36 pages : illustrations ; 16 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1135 .C78 1819aYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Full Orbis Record:
- Written description of a panorama (measuring 14 feet) showing the fancy on the way to a prize fight. Identifies places and people along the panorama.
The panorama was published as: Cruikshank, Robert, 1789-1856. Going to a fight : the sporting world in all its variety of style and costume along the road from Hyde Park Corner to Moulsey Hurst. -- London : Pubd. by Sherwood, Neely & Jones, 1819. See link provided herewith.
With a wood-engraved vignette on title page.
Hartley, R.A. Boxing books, 589
Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 307
BEIN: From the collection of Herbert B. Lazarus; bookplate of Albert M. Cohn.
BAC: British Art Center copy in publisher's original printed paper wrappers. Publisher's advertisements on back cover. Armorial bookplate: R.N.H. Moore Stevens.
- Subject Terms:
- Boxing -- England -- Pictorial works.Boxing -- England.Boxing.Cohn, Albert M. (Albert Mayer) -- Bookplate.Jones, R., -- Publisher.Lazarus, Herbert B. -- Ownership.London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Marchant, -- Printer.Stevens, R.N.H. Moore -- Bookplate.
- Wood engravings -- 1819.
- IIIF Manifest:
Pleasures and Pastimes (Yale Center for British Art, 1990-02-21 - 1990-04-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.