The apple of beauty and discord, -
- The apple of beauty and discord.
- Alternate Title(s):
- London : Colour Publishing Company, -
- Physical Description:
- v. : ill. ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2013 6Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "A volume devoted to art and letters. This first volume contains numerous poems and stories, essays on the arts by modern writers and some one hundred and sixty reproductions of etchings, lithographs, woodcuts and drawings by modern artists, also including interesting examples of earlier epochs and Eastern art."
Issue 1 includes illustrations by E. McKnight Kauffer. His design for "Flight" was the basis for a poster in 1919, launching the Labour newspaper the Daily Herald.
BEIN 1972 +S5 copy 1: Vol. 1, 1st-4th quarters, without wrappers of original issues; 1921, 1st quarter, and 1922, 2nd quarter, with wrappers of original issues.
BEIN 1972 +S5 copy 2: Vol. 1, 1st-4th quarters, without wrappers of original issues.
BEIN 1972 +S5 copy 3: 1st, 3rd-4th quarters, with wrappers of original issues.
BEIN 1972 +S5 copy 2: From the library of Donald Gallup: v.1.
BAC: British Art Center has v. 1, 1st quarter (1920) only.
"A volume devoted to art and letters."
- Subject Terms:
- Arts -- 20th century -- Periodicals.Gallup, Donald Clifford, 1913-2000 -- Ownership.
- Periodicals -- England -- 20th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.