The Comic almanack; an ephemeris in jest and earnest, containing merry tales, humorous poetry, quips, and oddities. By Thackeray, Albert Smith, Gilbert À Beckett, the brothers Mayhew ... With many hundred illustrations by George Cruikshank and other artists.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : J.C. Hotten [between 1863 and 1873]
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsAY758.C7 C66aYale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Articles & Chapters
- Reprint of the almanac originally published from 1835 to 1853.
Preliminary notice by J.C. Hotten.
J.C. Hotten published at this address from 1863 to 1873. Cf. Brown. London publishers and printers.
BAC: British Art Center copy has 1st series only (along with the 2nd series of the Chatto & Windus edition). Bookplate of P.L.D. Perry. Bound in half calf.
SML,Y Ayd18 C735b: Imperfect: 2d ser. lacks t.-p.
- Subject Terms:
- Almanacs, English.Hotten, J. C. -- Publisher.Perry, P. L. D. -- Bookplate.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.
- Wood engravings -- 1863-1873.
Engravings -- 1863-1873.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.