Catalogue of pictures forming the collection of Lord and Lady Wantage at 2 Carlton gardens, London, Lockinge House, Berks, and Overstone Park and Ardington House.
- London, F. Wetherman, 1902.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 184 p. illus. 36 cm.
- Reference LibraryN5247 W35 A55 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "The pictures described in this catalogue were collected by Lord Overstone, and by Lord and Kady Wantage. In 1900 Lord Wantage entrusted to Mr. A.G. Temple ... the compilation of a catalogue of the collection. He ... did not live to see it completed. Its is based upon a previous descriptive catalogue ... compiled in 1875 for Lord Overstone, by the late Mr. George Redford. The present work has been ably carried out by Mr. Temple, with the co-operation ... of Lady Wantage, and of Mr. R.H. Benson ..."--Pref.
Introduction signed: S. Arthur Strong.
"Works referred to or quoted from": p. 181-182.
- Subject Terms:
- Overstone, Samuel Jones Loyd, Baron, 1796-1883 -- Art collections.Wantage, Harriet Sarah Loyd-Lindsay, Baroness, 1837-1920 -- Art collections.Wantage, Robert James Loyd-Lindsay, Baron, 1832-1901 -- Art collections.
YCBA Collections Search
Wantage, Robert James Loyd-Lindsay, baron, 1832-1901, Catalogue of pictures forming the collection of Lord and Lady Wantage at 2 Carlton gardens, London, Lockinge House, Berks, and Overstone Park and Ardington House, 1902