Chapman / by Havelock Ellis ; with illustrative passages.
- Additional Title(s):
Cover title: George Chapman
- Bloomsbury : The Nonesuch Press, 1934.
- Physical Description:
- , 146,  pages ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2453 .E45 1934+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This edition consists of 700 copies on Van Gelder paper in the Centaur and Arrighi types for sale in England by the Nonesuch Press and in the United States by Random House. Francis Meynell designed it and Walter Lewis printed and made it in England at the University Press, Cambridge."--Colophon.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 93
BEIN Ih C366 S934: No. 312 in case.
SML,AOB X178 N73 Z934E: Issued in case.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 294 of 700 copies. British Art Center copy imperfect: lacks case. Bound in boards loosely covered with red-brown Curwen patterned paper by Enid Marx; in like folder.
- Subject Terms:
- Chapman, George, 1559?-1634.Printing -- Specimens.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.