The Rambler, [1750-1752]
- The Rambler.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Rambler (London, England : 1750)
- London : Printed for J. Payne and J. Bouquet, in Paternoster-Row , [1750-1752]
- Physical Description:
- 208 no. in 2 v. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1369 .R3 1750+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Chiefly by Samuel Johnson, except no. 10 by Hester Mulso (afterward Mrs. Chapone); no. 30 by Catherine Talbot; no. 44 and 100 by Elizabeth Carter; no. 97 by Samuel Richardson. Parts of no. 15 and 107 are by unknown correspondents. Cf. Courtney.
Title from caption.
With woodcut head-pieces and initials.
ESTC (RLIN), P1922
Courtney, W.P. Bibliography of Samuel Johnson, p. 25
BEIN Tinker +1306: Nine numbers (14-18, 25-28).
BAC: British Art Center complete in 208 numbers. Bound in contemporary quarter calf with marbled boards. Autograph: William Brereton
- Subject Terms:
- Boughet, J. -- Publisher.Brereton, William -- Autograph.Essays -- England -- Early works to 1800.Middelton, W. -- Autograph.Middelton, W. -- Bookplate.Payne, J. -- Publisher.Periodicals -- England -- Early works to 1800.
- Periodicals -- England -- 18th century.
Essays -- England -- 18th century.
Woodcuts -- 1750-1752.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.