Morrison, James, 1761-1807, The journal of James Morrison , 1935
- The journal of James Morrison : boatswain's mate of the Bounty, describing the mutiny & subsequent misfortunes of the mutineers : together with an account of the island of Tahiti / with an introduction by Owen Rutter and five engravings by Robert Gibbings.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1935.
- Physical Description:
- 242,  pages : illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDU21 .M67 1935+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The Journal of James Morrison, uniform with The Voyage of the Bounty's Launch, have been printed from the manuscripts in the possession of the Mitchell Library of New South Wales by Christopher Sandford, Francis J. Newbery, Owen Rutter and Joan Grant at the Golden Cockerel Press, 10 Staple Inn, London, & completed on the first day of March, 1935. Compositors: A.H.Gibbs and E.J. Ward. Pressman: H. Barker. The edition is limited to 325 copies, printed on Van Gelder paper, of which 310 are for sale."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 102
SML,AOB: Library has no. 321.
BEIN +91: This is copy number 13.
MUDD Enb +787M: "Number 321."
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 213 of 325. Bound in navy and white buckram.
- Subject Terms:
- Bounty (Ship)Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Tahiti -- Description and travel.Voyages and travels.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.