Famous sporting prints, 1927-1930
- Famous sporting prints.
- London : "The Studio" Limited, 1927-1930.
London : Herbert Reiach, Ltd., Eyot Works, Eyot Gardens, London, W.6, 1927-1930.
- Physical Description:
- 7 volumes : color illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE960 .F36 1927+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Each plate accompanied by leaf with descriptive letterpress.
Imprint varies on volume IV: London : "The Studio" Limited. New York : William Edwin Rudge, 1927.
Text signed: volume 1-2, T. Romford; volume 3-7, George Kendall.
Hartley, R.A. Bibl. of boxing books, 1794
BEIN 2014 +172: Imperfect: Library has only v. 1, "Hunting." Vol. 1 has original wrappers.
BEIN 1994 +82: From the collection of Herbert B. Lazarus.
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect: lacks volumes VI-VII. Bound in publisher's original printed tan wrappers.
- I. Hunting -- II. The Grand National -- III. The Derby -- IV. Coaching -- V. Henry Alken -- VI. Boxing -- VII. Shooting.
- Subject Terms:
- Boxing -- Pictorial works.Boxing in art.Herbert Reiach, Ltd. -- Printer.Sporting prints.Sports in art.The Studio Limited -- Publisher.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1927-1930.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.