The Blake-Varley sketchbook of 1819 : in the collection of M. D. E. Clayton-Stamm / introduction and notes by Martin Butlin.
- London : Heinemann, 1969.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. (xiv, 40 p., 8 plates, 96 plates) : ill. ; 17 x 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC242.B55 V37 1969View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The second volume is a facsimile reproduction (printed by the Trianon Press) of the Blake-Varley sketchbook.
A limited edition of 800 copies.
Bibliography: v. 1, p. 39-40.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original green quarter leather and green cloth, in original green cloth slipcase.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections.Blake, William, 1757-1827. Blake-Varley sketchbook.Clayton-Stamm, Maxwell David Eugene -- Art collections.Heinemann -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Blake, William, 1757-1827, The Blake-Varley sketchbook of 1819 , 1969
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.