The Holy Bible : reprinted according to the Authorized version 1611.
- Additional Title(s):
Bible. English. Authorized. 1924.
- London : The Nonesuch Press ; New York : Lincoln MacVeagh, The Dial Press, 1924-27.
- Physical Description:
- 5 volumes : illustations ; 31 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBS185 1924 L66+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrated, engraved title pages.
"This book has been printed by Frederick Hall [volumes 3 and 5 by John Johnson], printer to the University, at the Oxford University Press, where the proofs have been read. The copperplates have been designed and engraved by Stephen Gooden. The typography has been arranged by Francis Meynell. The edition is limited to 1,000 copies on Japon vellum and 75 copies on Arnold unbleached rag paper for sale in England and America."--Colophon.
Volume  has title: The Apocrypha, reprinted according to the Authorized version 1611.
Volume  has title: The New Testament, reprinted according to the Authorized version 1611.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, page 187
BAC: British Art Center copy is one of the 75 on Arnold rag paper and was printed for Wilfred M. Merton. Bound in gilt-tooled full niger.
- Subject Terms:
- Bible. English. Authorized. 1924.Merton, Wilfred M. -- Provenance.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Engravings -- 1924-1927.
Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
- [v. 1] Genesis to Ruth (1925)
- [v. 2] Samuel to Psalms (1925)
- [v. 3] Proverbs to Malachi (1926)
- [v. 4] Apocrypha (1924)
- [v. 5] New Testament (1927)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.