Donne, John, 1572-1631, Complete poetry and selected prose , 1929
Complete poetry and selected prose / edited by John Hayward.
- Additional Title(s):
Works. Selections. 1929
- [London] : The Nonesuch Press ; New York, Random House, Inc., 1929.
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, , 793,  pages ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2245.A5 H3 1929Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "In addition to the standard unlimited impression of this book, 675 copies (of which 220 are for sale in the United States of America) have been printed on Pannekoek paper by William Brendon and Son, Ltd. The type is Plantin Monotype. The rule head-pieces have been arranged by Paul Beaujon, and in these copies ae printed in colour. The binding is by Best and Co."--Colophon.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 56
BAC: British Art Center is no. 127 of 675. Bound in full blue-green niger.
- Subject Terms:
- Best and Co. -- Binder.Church of England -- Sermons.Donne, John, 1572-1631 -- Correspondence.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Sermons, English.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
- Chronological table
- The Poems
- The prose: Note on prose
- Paradoxes and problemes
- Iganatius his conclave
- Miscellaneous prose
- Meditations from 'Devotions upon emergent occasions'
- Textual and explanatory notes.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.