Donne, John, 1572-1631, The love poems of John Donne , 1923
- The love poems of John Donne : with some account of his life taken from the writings of 1639 of Izaak Walton.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Poems. Selections. 1923
- Soho : The Nonesuch Press, 1923.
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, , 91 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2246 .M49 1923Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Edited by Viola Meynell.
Title page printed in black and red.
"This edition is printed at the University Press, Oxford, in the 17th-century Fell types. It is limited to 1250 copies, on Vidalon hand-made paper, of which 1200 are for sale in England and America."--Colophon.
Frontispiece is a reproduction of an engraving of John Donne at the age of 43 taken from the frontispiece to LXXX Sermons published in 1640 by Richard Royston & Richard Marriot.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 1
BEIN Ih D718 C923: "This is number 161."
BEIN 2014 +107: This is number 895.
MED,HSL 16th cent: "This is number 952."
BAC: British Art Center is no. 247 of 1250. Bound in quarter vellum with red and cream paper covered boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Donne, John, 1572-1631.English poetry -- 16th century.English poetry -- 17th century.Love poetry.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Photomechanical prints -- 1923.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.