IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sidmouth scenery, or, Views of the principal cottages and residences of the nobility and gentry at the admired watering place and the environs , [1820?]
Sidmouth scenery, or, Views of the principal cottages and residences of the nobility and gentry at the admired watering place and the environs : within fifteen miles round.
- Sidmouth [England] : Printed for J. Wallis, at the Marine Library, and to be had in London of J. & E. Wallis, R. Ackermann, and T. Clay, [1820?].
- Physical Description:
- ,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 S6 S5 1820+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 S6 S5 1820+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 310
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Copy 2, with plate depicting Woolnoth Cottage, the late residence of Their Royal Highnesses the Duke & Duchess of Kent, dated (1820) wanting, is a large paper copy (34 cm.), with the autograph of Catherine Jones, 1820.
Illustrations by Daniel Havell; after H. Haseler.
Twenty of the 22 plates were also issued ca. 1817, with same t.p. but with text, in letter-press. The earlier issue had the additional statement of authorship: "By the Rev. E. Butcher."
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England -- Sidmouth.Jones, Catherine -- Autograph, 1820.Sidmouth (England) -- Pictorial works.Wallis, John -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- [1820?].
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.