Egan, Pierce, 1772-1849, New series of boxiana , 1828-1829
- New series of boxiana : being the only original and complete lives of the boxers ... / by Pierce Egan.
- London : Published by George Virtue, Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row, Bath Street, Brisol, and St. Vincent Street, Liverpool, 1828-1829.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1121 .E333 1828Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Includes indexes.
Engravings by J. Rogers and R. Cooper; after C. Ingham and George Sharples.
"C. Baynes, printer, Duke-Street, Lincoln's-Inn Fields."--Volume 1, foot of page 676.
BEIN NLn33 823ea: Garvan Sporting Collection.
BEIN 1994 336: From the collection of Herbert B. Lazarus; original wrappers bound in which are variant of NLn33 823ea.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary maroon three-quarter morocco, and maroon cloth. Original wrappers bound in. Bookplate: Henry C. Taylor. Publisher's advertisements:  pages at end of volume 2. Uniformly bound with volumes 1-3 of Boxiana, or, Sketches of ancient and modern pugilism (1823-1829). Spines numbered: IV and V.
Hartley has a very clear description of the relation of these volumes to Egan's first three volumes of Boxiana published 1818-1821.
Hartley, R.A. Boxing books, 587
Magriel, P.D. Boxing, 18C
- Subject Terms:
- Boxing -- Biography.Boxing -- England -- Biography.Boxing -- England -- History.Boxing -- History.Boxing matches -- England.Garvan Sporting collection.Lazarus, Herbert B. -- Ownership.Taylior, Henry C. -- Bookplate.
- Engravings -- 1828-1829.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.