The aeropleustic art, or, Navigation in the air : by the use of kites, or buoyant sails.
- Additional Title(s):
Navigation in the air
- [London : Sherwood & Co., 1827]
- Physical Description:
- , 51,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTL759 .P63 1827+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Discusses the use of kites as auxiliary sails for ships, in the army for observation purposes, and with a "Char-Voland", or carriage drawn by kite power.
Dedication dated at Bristol, 1 May, 1827 and signed: George Pocock.
Aquatints by P. Roberts; after Thomas Buttersworth and Samuel Colman. Title page engraved by A. Adlard.
Imprint information from plates.
Printed by W. Wilson, printer, 57 Skinner-street, London.
Later published as A treatise on the aeropleustic art, 1851.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 20, 767
BAC: British Art Center copy in brown paper boards with printed title label on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Aeronautics -- History.Kites.Sherwood & Co. -- Publisher.Wilson, W. -- Printer.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1827.
YCBA Collections Search
Pocock, George, The aeropleustic art, or, Navigation in the air , 1827]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.