An architectural account of the churches of Shropshire, by the Rev. D. H. S. Cranage ... illustrated with permanent plates, reproduced from photographs by Martin J. Harding ... with ground plans of the most important churches, drawn by W. Arthur Webb ...
- Wellington, Shropshire, Hobson & co., 1894-1912.
- Physical Description:
- 10 pts. illus., CXIX pl., plans. 29 x 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryNA5469 S4 C73 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paged continuously. Issued in 10 pts.; 1894-1912.
Five hundred copies printed.
Preface and glossary bound at front in v. 1.
- Subject Terms:
- Church architecture -- England -- Shropshire.Church buildings -- England -- Shropshire.
- [v.1] pt. 1. The hundred of Brimstree. pt. 2. The hundred of Munslow. pt. 3. The franchise of Wenlock. The hundred of Overs. pt. 4. The hundred of Stottesdon. pt. 5. Preface. Glossary. The hundred of Purslow. The hundred of Clun.
- [v.2.] pt. 6. The hundred of Condover. The hundred of Ford. pt. 7. The hundred of Chirbury. The hundred of Bradford (South) pt. 8. The hundred of Bradford (North) pt. 9. The hundred of Pimhill. The hundred of Oswestry. pt. 10. The liberties of Shrewsbury. Appendix. General survey. Retrospect. Index.