Butleriana / S.B.
- Bloomsbury : The Nonesuch Press, 1932
- Physical Description:
- , vii-xvi, 172,  pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4349.B76 Z53 1932Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This edition consists of 800 copies printed in England by Ernest Ingham at the Fanfare Press: of which 600 copies are for sale in England and 200 copies are for sale by Random House, Inc. in America. The illustrations, with the exception of Miss Savage, are hitherto unpublished."--Colophon.
"A selection from the appendices of v. 3 and 6 of the main series of Butler's manuscript 'Note-books' forms the nucleus of the present volume. Other scattered notes have been amplified in some cases from letters and other sources."--Preface.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 84
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 70 of 600. Bound in tan quarter morocco with marbled paper boards.
BEIN Ip B978 D932: "This is number 761."
- Subject Terms:
- Authors, English -- 19th century -- Biography.Butler, Samuel, 1835-1902 -- Bio-bibliography.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Photomechanical prints -- 1932.
- Bio-bibliographical statement (p. xiii-xvi)
- Two fragments of autobiography
- Father and son
- Charles Paine Pauli and S. Butler
- Jones and myself
- Miss Savage
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.