IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Tomkins, Peltro William, 1759-1840, To the Queen this book representing the birth and triumph of Cupid in Her Majesty's collection , 
To the Queen this book representing the birth and triumph of Cupid in Her Majesty's collection : from papers cut by Lady Dashwood is with permission most humbly dedicated by Her Majesty's most devoted and very much obliged servant P.W. Tomkins, historical engraver to Her Majesty.
- Additional Title(s):
Birth and triumph of Cupid
- London : Published as the Act directs Jan. 17, 1795 by Tomkins, 19, New Bond Street, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 28 x 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1715 .T66 1795+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1715 .T66 1795+Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Title, within ornamental border, is in the form of a dedication.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 449
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in vellum. Each engraving mounted on card paper. Copy 2 bound in gilt-stamped dark blue morocco, with gilt edges.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and mythology -- Early works to 1800.Cupid (Roman deity) -- Art -- Early works to 1800.Stipple engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1795.Tomkins, -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.