The book of ballads / edited by Bon Gaultier ; illustrated by Alfred Crowquill, Richard Doyle and John Leech.
- A new edition, with several new ballads.
- London : Wm. S. Orr, and Co., Amen Corner, Paternoster Row, 
- Physical Description:
- , 254, , 6 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4984.M3 B87 1851Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Poems written by T. Martin and W.E. Aytoun using the joint pseudonym Bon Gaultier. See DNB and NUC cited below.
Wood engravings by E. Dalziel, G. Dalziel, and J. Lee (probably James Lee).
Imprint date from NUC cited below.
With an added engraved title page.
Edition statement transposed; follows editor's name on title page.
National union catalog, pre-1956 imprints, 364:676
Publisher's ads, , 6 p., at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt- and blind-stamped blue publisher's binding, with gilt edges. Inscribed: Alfred Geaves H.M.S. "Styer".
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry -- 19th century.Etching -- Specimens -- Geaves, Alfred -- Autograph.Lithography, Color -- Specimens -- Parodies, English.Satire, English.W.S. Orr, and Co. -- Publisher.Wit ahd humor, Musical.
- Spanish ballads
- American ballads
- Miscellaneous ballads.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.