Donne's Sermon of valediction at his going into Germany : preached at Lincoln's Inn, April 18, 1619 : printed from the original version in the Lothian and Ashmole manuscripts, and from XXVI sermons / edited by Evelyn Mary Simpson.
- Additional Title(s):
Sermon of valediction
- London : The Nonesuch Press, 1932.
- Physical Description:
- , 79,  pages ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBX5133.D66 V3 1932+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Of this edition, designed by Francis Meynell, 750 copies have been printed on Auvergne hand-made paper by John Johnson, Printer to the University, at the Oxford University Press, in the Fell types. Of these 175 are for sale by Random House in the United States of America."--Colophon.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 86
BEIN Ih D718 +932: "This is number 349."
BAC: British Art Center copy is no 98 of 750. Bound in original cream paper covered boards decorated in blind-stamp with arabesque and diaper pattern.
- Subject Terms:
- Bible. Ecclesiastes XII, 1 -- Sermons.Church of England -- Sermons.Farewell sermons.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Sermons, English.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
YCBA Collections Search
Donne, John, 1572-1631, Donne's Sermon of valediction at his going into Germany , 1932
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.