Tables of the skeleton and muscles of the human body / by Bernard Siegfried Albinus ; translated from the Latin.
- Additional Title(s):
Tabulae sceleti et musculorum corporis humani. English
- Edinburgh : Printed by Balfour & Smellie, for Andrew Bell, engraver, 1777-1778.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 32, , 32-86 p. : ill. ; 46 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 51Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Translation of: Tabulae sceleti et musculorum corporis humani.
"The plates were re-engraved for this edition, being smaller in size and without the backgrounds to the skeletal figures."--Russell.
Also issued as part of: Anatomia Britannica ... By Andrew Bell (Edinburgh, 1798).
The title page to part 2 reads: Tables of the human muscles ... containing the muscles of the particular parts separated from the body. Edinburgh, Printed for Andrew Bell, engraver, 1778.
With an engraved title page vignette, by Bell, of Galen dissecting an ape.
Signatures: pi⁴(-pi4) A-H² chi1 I-L² ²L² M-N² P-R² ²K-²O².
ESTC (RLIN), T99015
Russell, K.F. British anatomy, 1525-1800 (2nd ed.) 7
Bridson, G. Plant, animal & anatomical illustration, E113
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary marbled boards; rebacked.
- Subject Terms:
- Anatomy -- Study and teaching -- Early works to 1800.Balfour & Smellie -- Printer.Bell, Andrew -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1777-1778.Human anatomy -- Atlases -- Early works to 1800.Musculoskeletal system -- Anatomy -- Atlases -- Early works to 1800.
YCBA Collections Search
Albinus, Bernhard Siegfried, 1697-1770, Tables of the skeleton and muscles of the human body , 1777-1778
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.