Practical hints on composition in painting : illustrated by examples from the great masters of the Italian, Flemish, and Dutch schools / by John Burnet.
- Additional Title(s):
Burnet on composition in painting.
- Sixth edition.
- London : James Carpenter, 1845.
- Physical Description:
- , 31 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1475 B8 1845+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by C. Whittingham, Chiswick.
BAC: Bound in original green boards, as issued. Label mounted on front cover: Burnet on composition in painting.
BAC: Publisher's advertisements laid in.
Illustrations by John Burnet; after Cuyp, P. Potter, Claude, A. Ostade, Reubens, P. De Laer, Terburg, Rembrandt, Metzu, Correggio, Raffaelle, Guido, B. West, Domenichino, and D. Wilkie.
Later published as part 2 of the author's: Treatise on painting, in four parts.
- Subject Terms:
- Carpenter, James -- Publisher.Composition (Art)Etching -- Specimens -- 1845.Painting -- Technique.Whittingham, C. -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Burnet, John, 1784-1868, Practical hints on composition in painting , 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.