A collection of designs for modern embellishments : suitable to parlours, dining & drawing rooms, chimney pieces, varandas, frizes &c. : on 25 plates / by C.A. Busby, architect.
- London : Published by J. Taylor, 59, High Holborn, [not before 1819]
- Physical Description:
- 25 leaves of plates : all ill. ; 25 x 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK2135 .B9 1819+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Paper watermarked "1819."
"This work was probably first published late 1807 or 1808. ECB, (English catalog of books), 1801-36, lists it (either as announced or published), in December 1807 and it is advertised in Dearn's 'The bricklayer's guide, 1808', as 'lately published by J. Taylor'"--British Architectural Library.
Engraved throughout, including title page (plate 1).
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840, 511
Archer, J. British domestic architecture, 444.1
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary green wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament -- Great Britain.Decoration and ornament, Architectural -- Great Britain.Interior decoration -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Pattern books -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Taylor, J. -- Publisher.
- Pattern books.
Aquatints -- 1819.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1819.
Engravings -- 1819.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1819.
YCBA Collections Search
Busby, C. A. (Charles Augustin), 1786-1834, A collection of designs for modern embellishments , [not before 1819]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.