Yates, James, 1798-1881, [Pattern book for cast iron stoves and other furniture, from the foundry of James Yates, Effingham Works, Rotherham], [ca. 1840]
- [Pattern book for cast iron stoves and other furniture, from the foundry of James Yates, Effingham Works, Rotherham]
- [Rotherham?] : [s.n]., [ca. 1840]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves (one folded) : all ill. ; 22 x 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK8205 .C37 1840+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Catalog of designs produced by James Yates, at his Effingham Works iron foundry, in Rotherham, England. Most of the designs bear the initials: J.Y.E.W.R. The illustrate ornate iron stoves, registers, and other accessories, and include depictions of "Chanters Patent" stove (153) and "Dr. Arnott's Stove" (184). Interspersed are also a few designs for marble-top tables (235-247).
Engraved throughout. Lacks title page and text.
Engravings by W. Kilner.
- Subject Terms:
- Commercial catalogs -- Great Britain.Decoration and ornament, Architectural -- Great Britain.Effingham Works (Rotherham, England)Fireplaces -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Interior decoration -- Great Britain.Ironwork -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Pattern books -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Stoves -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.
- Pattern books.
Engravings -- 1840.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.