IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Yates, James, 1798-1881, [Pattern book for cast iron stoves and other furniture, from the foundry of James Yates, Effingham Works, Rotherham], [ca. 1840]
[Pattern book for cast iron stoves and other furniture, from the foundry of James Yates, Effingham Works, Rotherham]
- [Rotherham?] : [s.n]., [ca. 1840]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves (one folded) : all ill. ; 22 x 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK8205 .C37 1840+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Engraved throughout. Lacks title page and text.
Engravings by W. Kilner.
Catalog of designs produced by James Yates, at his Effingham Works iron foundry, in Rotherham, England. Most of the designs bear the initials: J.Y.E.W.R. The illustrate ornate iron stoves, registers, and other accessories, and include depictions of "Chanters Patent" stove (153) and "Dr. Arnott's Stove" (184). Interspersed are also a few designs for marble-top tables (235-247).
- Subject Terms:
- Commercial catalogs -- Great Britain.Decoration and ornament, Architectural -- Great Britain.Effingham Works (Rotherham, England)Fireplaces -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Interior decoration -- Great Britain.Ironwork -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Pattern books -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Stoves -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.
- Pattern books.
Engravings -- 1840.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.