- [London? : s.n., 1830?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND497.C785 C66 1830Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- British Art Center copy has binder's spine title: Comicalities.
The plates are the work of Robert Cruikshank. First plate is signed: "Rob Cruikshank," the second is signed: "R.C.", as is the tenth plate. The remaining plates are unsigned although it is thought that he was assisted by George Cruikshank.
Plates printed on paper watermarked 1830.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-stamped smooth calf binding. Bound by Rivière & Son (stamp on verso of first free end-paper). Marbled end-papers. Bookplate: John Nicholson.
- Subject Terms:
- Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- [1830?]Nicholson, John -- Bookplate.Rivière & Son -- Binder.
- Dancing bears
- Pounds. Shillings. Pence
- The Pauper family & footman
- The unexpected visit
- A steam packet cabin
- The Englishman in France
- Going out
- Going home
- Admiral Van Tromp's duel
- Comforts of a wife
- The gouty merchant and stranger
- A smoking party
- A card party
- A cold duck
- Lobster sauce
- Angler's going out
- The pleasures of angling
- The needless alarm
- The poet
- Being well lather'd from a dish or tub
- Sirrah! I tell you you're a knave
- None but the brave deserve the fair
- The sailors ballast.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.