Onwhyn, Thomas, 1811?-1886, Costumes of the time of George II , 
Costumes of the time of George II : designed for Her Majesty's state ball / by J. & T. Onwhyn.
- London : Published by John Lee, 440, Strand, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT736 .O59 1845Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Consists of an illustrated title page and 11 hand-colored ill. of women's costume.
Date of publication from NSTC.
Colas, R. Bibliographie générale du costume et de la mode, 2249
Kunstbibliothek (Berlin, Germany). Katalog der Lipperheideschen Kostümbibliothek (2. Aufl.), Ub14
BAC: British Art Center copy has armorial bookplate of William, Duke of Bedford. Bound in blind- and gold-stamped red publisher's binding. Title stamped in gilt on upper board surrounded by a foliage border incorporating the coat of arms of Queen Victoria.
- Subject Terms:
- Augusta, Princess of Wales, 1719-1772 -- Portraits.Balls (Parties) -- Great Britain -- 18th century.Bedford, William Russell, Duke of, 1809-1872 -- Bookplate.Carnival costume -- Great Britain.Caroline, Queen, consort of George II, King of Great Britain, 1683-1737 -- Portraits.Clothing and dress -- Great Britain -- 18th century.Costume -- Great Britain -- 18th century.Fashion -- Great Britain -- 18th century.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 18th century.Lee, John -- Publisher.Masques -- 18th century.Nobility -- Great Britain -- Clothing.
- Lithographs -- 
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 
- Queen Caroline
- Countess of Coventry
- Princess Augusta
- Princess Ann
- Augusta, Princess of Wales
- Hon. Susanna Fitzpatrick
- Princess Caroline
- Lady Fortescue
- Lady Mary Boynton
- Miss Hudson.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.