A country dance / designed by John Nixon, Esqr.
- London : Pub'd by Wm. Holland, No. 50, Oxford Street, Dec. 1, 1789.
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( p.) : all ill. ; 31 x 229 cm., folded to 31 x 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1473 .N59 1789+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Panorama depicting many figures at a country dance.
Title and imprint information from foot of plate.
Includes publisher's advertisements at foot of panorama.
BAC: British Art Center copy mounted on linen. Bound in brown morocco folder. Title in gilt on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Social aspects -- Early works to 1800.Dance -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.English wit and humor, Pictorial -- Early works to 1800.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1789.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 18th century.Holland, Wm. -- Publisher.Panoramas -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Satire, English -- Early works to 1800.Wit and humor, Pictorial -- Early works to 1800.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.