Onwhyn, Thomas, 1811?-1886, Cupid and crinoline, Oct. 20th, 1858
- Cupid and crinoline [graphic] / T. Onwhyn delt.
- London : Rock, Bros. & Payne, Oct. 20th, 1858.
- Physical Description:
- 12 pictures on 2 sheets : hand-colored etchings ; full image 162 x 15 cm, accordion folded to 16 x 15 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT2075 .O59 1858Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
Based on characters from Douglas Jerrold's Mrs. Caudle's curtain lectures.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 606
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Incomlete: lacks final two panels. In publisher's original red pictorial boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Caricatures and cartoons.Crinolines -- Humor.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Fashion -- Great Britain -- Humor.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Caricatures and cartoons.
- Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1858.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.