Sidney, Philip, Sir, 1554-1586, Astrophel & Stella , MCMXXXI 
Astrophel & Stella / by Sir Philip Sidney ; edited by Mona Wilson.
- Additional Title(s):
Astrophel and Stella
- London : The Nonesuch Press, MCMXXXI 
- Physical Description:
- , v-xxxviii, , 193,  pages ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2342 .A7 1931Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Includes indexes.
Text is reproduced from the 1598 folio edition of the Countess of Pembroke's Arcadia. Contains also seven of the "Certaine sonnets" included in the same edition.
"This edition, printed and made in England by the Kynoch Press in Bembo and Union pearl italics on Van Gelder paper is limited to 725 copies for sale in England and 485 for sale in the United States by Random House Inc."--Colophon.
SML,Y: "This is number 793."
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 179 of 1210. Bound in loosely covered patterned paper boards, placed in loose green paper covered folder.
BEIN Ig Si14 591P: No. 726. In case as issued.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 73
- Subject Terms:
- Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Sonnets, English.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.