Mavor, William Fordyce, 1758-1837, A description of Blenheim, the seat of his Grace the Duke of Marlborough , 
- A description of Blenheim, the seat of his Grace the Duke of Marlborough : containing a full and accurate account of the painting, tapestry, and furniture : a picturesque tour of the gardens and park : a general delineation of the China gallery, private gardens, &c. : to which are also added : an itinerary : an account of the roman villa, near Northleigh, &c. &c. : with a preliminary essay on landscape gardening.
- Twelfth edition, improved : embellished with an elegant of the park, six new engravings on steel, &c. &c.
- Oxford [England] : Henry Slatter, .
- Physical Description:
- vi, , 139 p.,  folded leaf of plates : ill., map ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 B635 M3 1836Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- MUDD Edea B61 836: Cover-title: The Blenheim guide ... 12th ed., improved ... Oxford: H. Slatter, 1836.
Printed by J. Munday, jun., and R.V. Turner, Oxford.
Illustrations by Cyrus Davies; after William A. Delamotte. Map engraved by Neele.
Authorship from Halkett and Laing.
BM (compact edition) v.3 842
- Subject Terms:
- Blenheim Palace (England) -- Guidebooks.Engraving -- Specimens -- .Munday, J. -- Printer.Peabody, Francis -- Autograph, 1836.Slater, Henry -- Publisher.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- .Turner, R.V. -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.