Pindar, Pythian odes , 1928
- Pythian odes / Pindar ; translated by H.T. Wade-Gery & C.M. Bowra.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Works. English. 1928
- London : The Nonesuch Press, 1928.
- Physical Description:
- xlv, 165,  pages ; 16 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPA4274.P5 W3 1928Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title page and colophon engraved by Stephen Gooden.
"This edition consists of 1050 copies for sale in England by the Nonesuch Press and 500 copies for sale in the United States by Random House Inc. The text has been printed by R. Maclehouse & Co., Ltd., the University Press, Glasgow, the copperplate engravings by A. Alexander & Son, London; the whole under the care of Francis Meynell."--Colophon.
Issued in case.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 53
BEIN 1997 1628: No. 467. In case as issued.
AOB has copy no. 798/1050. Bears ex libris Peter Summers.
AOB has copy no. 966/1050.
AOB has copy no. 217/1050. Affixed on the slip-case is "R.G. ex libris".
AOB copy 3 is unnumbered; formerly owned by Mona Gooden.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 41 of 1050. Bound in original white buckram. Lacks slipcase.
- Subject Terms:
- Apollo, (Deity) -- In literature.Greek poetry.Lyre.Muses (Greek deity) -- In literature.Odes.Pindar. Pythian odes.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Zeus (Greek deity) -- In literature.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Engravings -- 1928.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.